Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Clean Place to Shit


Original date: 3/10/2011

3:39 PM me: nice!
 Michael: aha!
  wow
  this is like old school IM
 me: it's pretty good.
  dude, like every young professional uses it
3:40 PM Michael: haha
  god damn it
 me: so they can talk with all of their young professional friends
 Michael: why dont the young professionals keep me updated!?
 me: i dont know. i really only found out about it a few months ago.
3:41 PM Michael: well, it's another distraction
  which i am always open to
 me: ha. well...i figured
 Michael: sooo...
  mr young professional
  are you a higher paid young professional now?
 me: a little bit yes
 Michael: yes!
 me: with a weekly incentive plan
 Michael: woah
  i dont even know what that is
  sounds fantastic though
3:42 PM as someone who lives a life without any incentives
 me: i'll be given a goal at the beginning of every week
  and if i make it, i get $100
 Michael: sweet!
 me: well, if i make it, of course.
 Michael: that's awesome
  at least it is something
  shake things up
3:43 PM its important to feel like you are working towards something
 me: yeah, definitely.
  i think i might make this week's goal
 Michael: pretty demoralizing when you are positive your work makes no impact on anything and doing it very well or very poorly makes no difference
  sweet dude
  well i have that gps on the site
  and its a piece of shit
 me: oh yeah?
3:44 PM Michael: so, i dont know how that factors in
  but it sucks
 me: well--someone's gonna buy it
 Michael: yeah
  i mean
  i did
 me: i actually need to ask you a question
  can you talk on the phone for a second?
 Michael: sure


Note: I work at an online retailer. So, anytime you hear reference to products, those are items I had listed on the website. Most of it is junk.

No comments:

Post a Comment